Apple’s new Mac Pro is available to order today. This new Mac Pro desktop is the single most expensive Mac ever made. That eye-popping price tag comes with some seriously impressive specs to match, though. Let’s break it all down:
- Base price: $5,999, the entry-level price of a Mac Pro before you start configuring a unit with custom specs.
- Processor: a 28-Core, 2.5GHz Intel Xeon W with 28 cores, 56 threads, and Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz (a $7,000 add-on)
- RAM: 1.5TB of 2933MHz RAM, broken down into 12 128GB user-replaceable slot (a $25,000 add-on)
- SSDs: 4TB of SSD storage, split across two 2TB SSDs (a $1,400 add-on. Apple notes that an 8TB option will be offered soon, meaning that you’ll be able to spend even more here in the future.
- GPU: two AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo graphics card modules, each with two GPUs inside for a total of four graphics cards, each with 32GB of dedicated RAM per GPU (a $10,800 add on)
- Afterburner accelerator card: $2,000
- Wheels for the Mac Pro: $400
- Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse (included at no extra cost in an exclusive silver / black color scheme that’s unique to buyers of the Mac Pro)
- Magic Trackpad: it’s sold separately, but it’s also in silver / black color scheme (for an extra $50)
Add that all up to some serious cash. If you are in the market for the new Mac Pro, call Macs on Demand. We can help you get it up and running and we can upgrade it if you purchase the lowest configuration. We can add RAM, a larger hard drive, video cards and more. We can also transfer all your old content and get it up and running for you quickly.